Premature Ejaculation Doesn’t Hinder Parenthood
For couples hoping to conceive, premature ejaculation may be a daunting issue. So, can individuals with premature ejaculation have children? Find out here!
When a father faces the problem of premature ejaculation, it may raise concerns and fears for the mother, especially regarding the possibility of difficulty in having children.
However, don’t despair just yet. The first step in addressing this issue is for both the father and mother to seek solutions to overcome premature ejaculation while understanding that there is support and treatment available to fulfill the dream of having a family.
What Is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is when a father experiences ejaculation (release of semen) too quickly, faster than desired or anticipated. In normal circumstances, a man typically experiences ejaculation after some time during sexual intercourse.
Premature ejaculation can make the sexual experience less satisfying, both for the father and mother. The timing considered too quick can vary among individuals, but if ejaculation occurs very shortly after the start of sexual activity, it may be considered premature ejaculation.
Tanya Ferly tentang Promil?
The causes of premature ejaculation can vary, including health and psychological factors. Fathers are advised to speak with a medical professional to determine the cause and find the right solution based on their needs.
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
The main symptom of premature ejaculation is the inability to delay ejaculation for more than three minutes after penetration. However, this may occur in all sexual situations, even during masturbation.
Premature ejaculation can be classified as:
- Lifelong. Lifelong premature ejaculation occurs every time or nearly every time, starting from the first sexual encounter.
- Acquired. Acquired premature ejaculation develops after previous sexual experiences without ejaculation problems.
- Many people feel they have symptoms of premature ejaculation, but these symptoms do not meet the criteria for diagnosis. It is normal to experience premature ejaculation at certain times.
Can Individuals with Premature Ejaculation Have Children?
For fathers experiencing premature ejaculation, stress and anxiety are often issues. Anxiety about poor sexual performance can exacerbate this condition, causing concerns related to the father’s fertility.
Generally, premature ejaculation does not directly affect fertility or a father’s ability to have children. Regardless of how quickly or slowly the father ejaculates, the release of semen can still lead to pregnancy.
However, if premature ejaculation causes discomfort or stress in sexual relationships, it can hinder the chances of getting pregnant, especially if sexual intercourse becomes less regular or is avoided.
Can Premature Ejaculation Be Cured?
Premature ejaculation can be treated through various methods, including lifestyle changes, behavioral therapy, and medical treatments. Sexual therapy with a sex therapist can help identify psychological factors that may contribute to the issue and provide strategies to improve ejaculation control.
Kegel exercises can also be beneficial for men to enhance control over the muscles involved in ejaculation. Medications like certain antidepressants and topical anesthetic agents can be prescribed to help delay ejaculation.
Each case of premature ejaculation is different, so it’s important to discuss treatment options with a doctor to determine the approach that best suits the individual’s needs and health conditions.
If the mother wishes to conceive quickly and premature ejaculation is a barrier, it is advisable for the father to seek medical assistance promptly. Doctors can prescribe certain medications or therapies that can help. Read information about fertility programs on Bocah Indonesia.
- Healthy Male. Premature ejaculation. Diakses 2023 from https://www.healthymale.org.au/mens-health/premature-ejaculation
- Mayo Clinic. (2020). Premature ejaculation. Diagnosis and treatment. Diakses 2023 https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/premature-ejaculation/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354905
- NHS. (2020). Can premature ejaculation be controlled?. Diakses 2023 https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/sexual-health/can-premature-ejaculation-be-controlled/
- Medical News Today. How to Treat Premature Ejaculation. Diakses 2023. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/188527